Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Skinny Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Mash Topping



Happy 600th recipe post to me!  My first recipe was in February of 2010, and I never would have imagined that my blog would come this far!  Thank you to all who have been following along in this exciting, tasty journey.  

When I was working on this blog post, I wasn't aware that this marked the 600th recipe.  I would have otherwise made something a little more "elaborate" to celebrate.  In any event, this is the one!  This shepherd's pie is "skinny" because I use creamy mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes for the topping.  I also used nonfat Greek yogurt, tomato paste, and some of the mashed cauliflower as thickening agents in place of flour.  The savory meat filling is cooked in a skillet, spooned into ramekins, topped with a creamy cauliflower mash topping, and then briefly broiled until bubbly.  Even though it's "skinny", it's delicious, full of flavor, and husband approved! 


**CONTINUE ON TO RECIPE...

Post a Comment for "Skinny Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Mash Topping "